These natural DIY toilet bombs will leave your toilet clean and smelling fresh. I had no idea I needed these until I made them. Now I keep a batch under the bathroom sink at all times.
I have to be honest, it took me a long time to actually make these toilet cleaning bombs. I mean they call for citric acid. Sounds intense, right? Nope, you can find citric acid in most grocery stores!
Whipping up a batch of these toilet bombs is super easy and only requires three ingredients. The most difficult thing about these was making the toilet fizzies label for the mason jar I use to store them!
I used a mixture of Citrus Fresh and Spearmint oils this time which is my favorite by far. I’ve also used Purification and Lemon. Or you could use Lavender, Peppermint, or anything really! Here’s where I get my oils.
If you have ten minutes you should definitely make these. It’s really gratifying to see the toilet bombs bubble and fizz when you drop them in the toilet. One tip is to use a silicone mold to dry them. I tried leaving them on a flat surface to dry but they flattened out. A mold helps them retain their shape.
3 Ingredient Toilet Bombs
- silicone mold
- glass bowl
- spray bottle with water
- Cookie Scoop ***Optional
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup citric acid
- 15 drops essential oil (I used Citrus Fresh and Spearmint) makers choice
- Add baking soda and citric acid to mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Drop 15 drops of essential oil into the mixture (I used a combo of Citrus Fresh and Spearmint) and mix well.
- Spray the dry mixture with your spray bottle of water and stir until you get a wet sand like texture.
- Scoop by the tablespoon (I love using a cookie scoop, it makes it so easy) into your silicone mold.
- Let dry until completely hardened, approximately an hour (dry times may vary).
- Drop into the toilet anytime It needs a refresh or right before cleaning.