Friends, you’re going to love this matcha latte recipe! I hope I don’t lose some of you by saying this but….lean in I’m going to whisper….I don’t drink coffee (anymore). Yeah, I know. I actually love the taste and smell but the caffeine is just too much for me.
However, some days I just need a pick me up, hello 4 am baby wake up! This matcha latte, sometimes called a green tea latte, is one of my go-to drinks when I can’t keep my eyes open. It’s a little sweet, just the right amount of caffeine and super refreshing when iced but comforting when warm.
Plus matcha has a ton of health benefits. According to healthline.com matcha powder is high in antioxidants, improves brain function and may help protect the liver.
The best part is I can whip it up really fast. Speaking of whip you HAVE to get the mini frother I use in the video. It’s linked below and is a total game changer! Oh and one last thing, I love to top it with coco whip when I’m looking for a special treat. Trust me.
Vegan Matcha Latte
- frother *optional
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp matcha powder my favorite linked below
- 1 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup ice omit if you're making a hot latte
- dairy free whip optional
- Add sweetener and matcha powder to your cup.
- Next add 1 tbsp of your milk and froth. Making sure to blend all the matcha well.
- Add the remaining milk and add ice.
- Top with whip cream and enjoy!
Can’t wait to hear how you like it! Tag me @the_lovely_mama on instagram with a photo of your at home matcha latte.