Ok friends, this growing pain cream is one of the recipes that made me fall in love with essential oils. It’s from a book that I ADORE called Oil + Glass. It’s simple and beautiful and the recipes are amazing. Anyway, the growing pain cream has been a lifesaver in our house.
My oldest has had growing pains since he was a toddler. They’re so bad that they wake him up at night screaming. There’s not exactly and OTC for growing pains so when I discovered essential oils and this recipe I was so thankful.
When he wakes up in the middle of the night complaining of growing pains all I do is scoop a little out with my fingers and massage it on his shins. When I do this he falls back to sleep within minutes and stays asleep through the night.
He specifically asks for it anytime he has growing pains. There’s nothing worse than your child in pain, especially in the middle of the night. I’m so thankful for this recipe and having a natural way to help my boy.
This recipe does call for peppermint oil, which I’m perfectly comfortable using on my children. If you feel otherwise, just leave it out, totally up to you! If you want to learn more about kids and essential oils this e-book by my friend Annie is EVERYTHING!
Growing Pain Cream
- Glass bowl for mixing
- 2oz glass container for storage
- Metal or wooden spoon
- ¼ cup solid coconut oil room temperature
- 5 drops Valor essential oil
- 5 drops Panaway essential oil
- 5 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 5 drops Pepermint essential oil *optional
- 5 drops Copaiba essential oil *optional but really helps to magnify the properties of the other oils
- Add coconut oil to the glass bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drop each oil in one at a time and mix until well combined.
- Scoop coconut oil mixture into your glass storage container.
- Keep near your childs bedroom and apply as needed. Works well on sore muscles as well!