We’ve talked about this before and I’ll say it again. I am an eat at least an hour after I wake up kind of person. My breakfast has to be protein or fat packed otherwise I’m hungry very soon after (like minutes later).
Chia pudding was always more of a snack for me. It wasn’t something I thought would keep me full until lunch (or snack time, let’s be honest). But then I had an ah ha moment! What if I added protein powder to chia pudding??
Well I did and it was delicious! Not only that, but it’s so easy to make ahead. On Sunday I make enough protein packed chia pudding to last me through the week. I love not having to figure a healthy breakfast every morning.
You can do a lot with this chia pudding recipe. Switch up the flavor of protein powder and bam it’s a totally different experience! When I’m rushed I eat it plain right out of the mason jar. Other days I’ll top it with bananas, almond butter and homemade granola (the granola in the photo is Trader Joes Gluten Free Granola and it’s amazing).
You could add any kind of toppings you like to this recipe, it’s super versatile. The most important tip is to shake or stir it as much as possible before putting it in the fridge to set. That helps to cut down on separation.
I still notice some separation which isn’t that big of a deal, a few shakes and stirs before you eat it does the trick. I hope you love this protein chia pudding recipe as much as I do!
Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding with Almond Butter
- 4 16oz Mason Jars
- 3/4 cup Black Chia Seeds
- 4 cups Oat Milk or milk of choice
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder divided
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup optional if your protein powder isn't sweetened
- Add one cup of milk to each mason jar.
- Pour in 3 tbsp of chia seeds into each jar.
- Add 1/2 scoop of protein powder.
- Now you can add 1/2 a tablespoon of almond butter to each jar followed by maple syrup (if using).
- Lightly stir to combine
- Place lids on your mason jars and shake each for approximately 1 min. Checking the jar to make sure the powder is getting mixed.
- Put all of your jars in the refridgerator to set over night. It may be ready in as little as an hour.
- When you're ready to eat add toppings right to your jar or add to a bowl and enjoy!
Leave a Reply