WAIT…DON’T LEAVE!!! I know what you’re thinking. These gluten, dairy, sugar free cookies are going to taste like rocks. There is no way they are any good. I’m going to beg you to stick with me on this one. In January of 2021 I decided I had a toxic friendship with sugar and since no one has time for toxic friendships I kicked that b* to the curb.
However, that doesn’t mean I don’t like a good treat every now and every day (see what I did there?). I first started experimenting with brownies and used monk fruit as a sweetener. Four tries later and I managed to figure that one out. Recipe to come another day.
That’s when I decided I would graduate to chocolate chip cookies. The only thing I needed was a good stevia sweetener because I was really struggling with monk fruit. It wasn’t baking the way I wanted and it doesn’t agree with my stomach. That’s when I discovered Truvia Brown Sugar sweetener and it was a game changer (not sponsored but seriously…Truvia call me). Truvia is a stevia blend which works for me because stevia is the only sweetener I currently use.
The other product that I can’t believe I didn’t know about until now is Lily’s Chocolate Chips! Friends, it’s chocolate sweetened with stevia. I’ve seen these chocolate bars at the store and never paid any attention. If you are a dark chocolate lover (hello my people) you have to try these. The sea salt dark chocolate bars are my fave. ANYWAY back to sugar free chocolate chip cookies, Lily’s Chocolate Chips are the best and work beautifully in this recipe.
These dairy, gluten and sugar free chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and have literally no weird taste. You know the one I’m talking about, that weird artificial sugar taste. Nope, none of that here.
I used almond flour in these gluten free chocolate chip cookies which gives them a little bit of texture but in a good way. Bonus, the almond flour gives these gf, df, sugar free cookies a protein boost! Oh and one last thing, don’t forget to put your eggs on the counter first thing so they can get to room temperature.
I can’t wait to hear what you think about these!
GF, DF, Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground pink himilayan salt
- 1/4 cup room temp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar
- 2 room temperature egg whites
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1 cup Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix room temp coconut oil and truvia brown sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- To the coconut oil mixture add vanilla extract, 2 room temp egg whites and 1 room temp egg. Mix for 1 to 2 aditional minutes.
- Slowly add dry almond flour mixture to the wet coconut mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour in Lily's chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or table spoon, drop round dough mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten each round with thumb or back of spoon to form cookie rounds (about 1" thick).
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. The tops should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool on wire racks for 10-15 minutes. Store cookies in airtight container or freezer.
- These cookies do not spread out like typical chocolate chip cookies so you can space them relatively close together.
- Do not forget to allow your eggs to come to room temp, this helps keep the coconut oil mixture somewhat liquid.